Saturday, December 20, 2008

Final Thoughts from Shontrai Irving

I have been back from China for almost a week but I can't stop thinking about my wonderful experience. It is quite hard for me to imagine that not so long ago that I and the other participants were on the other side of the world and participating in activities that we had never done before. One of the most memorable was climbing the Great Wall of China. I can not believe the size of the Great Wall and the amount of effort that it took to climb it. It was truly enjoyable watching Ozzie, Dr. Feldman, Stephanie and myself taking photos with our medals that stated we had climbed the Great Wall. I am sure for many of us, it is a crowning achievement.

I also think about our time at the Forbidden City and Yu Garden. The Forbidden City was incredible. I think it was over 2 million square feet. Pictures nor words can never truly describe the humbling experience of being in the Forbidden City nor the beauty of the Yu Garden. It was also momentous to be at Tiananmen Square which I have only seen and heard about on television.

Additionally, I learned so much from visiting businesses and organizations in China. One place that l will always remember besides JUN HE law offices is our visit to ZPark. That place is so amazing and it it so impressive that competing businesses are able to work together so productively.

On another note, a special thanks to our host Jennifer for setting up an amazing experience. I truly can not wait to return to China as I totally enjoyed myself from not only a professional level, but a personal level as well.

I am indeed humbled and will never forget my experience.

1 comment:

  1. Very interesting blog to be bookmarked! thanks a lot for this info!


    MBA Job Resume Format

    ReplyDelete